Events Privacy Statement
At Aware Group, we believe your data privacy is important.
This Privacy Statement provides targeted information on how we (Aware Group) will be collecting, using, and disclosing your personal information when you sign up for, express interest in, or attend an event led by Aware Group.
Purpose of collection:
We collect your personal information in order to:
- Verify your identity.
- Provide services to you.
- Respond to communications from you.
What and how information is collected:
With regards to this Privacy Statement, we may collect information about you from:
- You, when you provide that personal information to us, including via our website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products.
- Third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
Wherever possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
We collect the following personally identifiable information:
- Contact information.
- Job role.
- Company name.
- Billing or purchase information.
- Computer usage information (e.g. operating system).
Who will see your information:
Aware Group staff involved in organising or delivering the event that you engage with.
Besides our staff, we share this information with:
- Where you have asked to receive information from, or be contacted by, Microsoft, we will share the following information with them in order to facilitate this:
- First name.
- Last name.
- Phone number.
- Job role.
- Company name.
What if you don’t give the information:
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to provide optional information, the services may not be able to be as tailored, or we may be unable to provide some services.
How we’ll keep your information:
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
Where you provide information via a registration form or similar, we keep your information for a two week period following the event, at which point all personally identifiable information will be securely destroyed. We may keep non-identifiable information or statistics for the purpose of improving our services.
Please note that your data is stored and/or processed using the following providers:
- Microsoft Azure – https://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/trust-center
Changes to this statement:
- How we maintain best privacy practice.
- How to access and amend information we hold about you.
- Our process for dealing with privacy breaches.
- Contact details for our Privacy Officer.