Employee and Recruitment Privacy Statement
At Aware Group, we believe your data privacy is important.
This Privacy Statement provides targeted information on how we (Aware Group) will be collecting, using, and disclosing your personal information when you apply for a job with Aware Group and/or obtain employment with Aware Group.
Purpose of collection:
We collect your personal information in order to:
- Assess suitability for roles within Aware Group.
- Meet legislative requirements around employment in NZ.
- Proactively manage real or perceived business risk.
What information is collected:
We collect the personal information that you give to us, including information on your:
- Contact information.
- Resume details including past work history and referees.
- Criminal history.
- Bank account details.
- Eligibility to work in NZ/Citizenship or Visa details.
- Performance details.
- Employment and pay history details.
In addition to this; we may receive information that you provide, or that is publicly available through Seek, or social media channels such as LinkedIn.
Who will see your information:
Only Aware Group staff who need to see your personally identifiable information to accurately assess your suitability for the role will see your information. Upon employment with Aware Group, your personally identifiable information will only be accessible to your manager; Accounts or Senior Leaders at Aware Group.
In some situations, through tender processes, we are required to provide details of staff members that are working on the project. In this situation we will make all efforts to ensure that all information is not personally identifiable, and will only share your personal information with explicit permission from you.
What if you don’t give the information:
If you don’t provide the information that is requested through the recruitment process, we may not be able to hire you, or we may not be able to proactively support your wellbeing throughout your employment with Aware Group.
How we’ll keep your information:
When undertaking the recruitment process at Aware Group, we will keep your personal details for the duration of the recruitment process. If you are unsuccessful in the role we may retain your details on file for future opportunities; but will only do so with your express permission.
If you are employed with Aware Group, we will retain information for as long as required by law; currently seven years from the date of employment.
Please note that your data is stored and/or processed using the following providers:
- Microsoft Azure – https://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/trust-center
- Seek.co.nz – https://www.seek.co.nz/my-privacy/
- Checkplease.co.nz – https://checkplease.co.nz/content/techPolicies
- Testdome – https://testdome.com
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Xero Payroll – https://www.xero.com/nz/about/legal/privacy/
- ProjectWorks – https://projectworks.io/privacy-policy
Changes to this statement:
- How we maintain best privacy practice.
- How to access and amend information we hold about you.
- Our process for dealing with privacy breaches.
- Contact details for our Privacy Officer.