At Aware Group, we have a team of awesome people who deliver AI services and solutions to some of the largest businesses across New Zealand and the Asia Pacific region.
A bit about our team:
- Our customers come from all walks of life, and so do our team. We love learning about each other’s backgrounds and interests and cherish differing views on the world as they help us to understand others more.
- We’re an oddly-mixed bunch, but we have a couple of qualities in common: our people are highly intelligent and extremely passionate about delivering world-class solutions that hold high value to our customers.
- Banter is weaved in the fabric of our being. Since day one we’ve had a Teams Banter channel and it’s used regularly.
- Personal lives and wellbeing matter… a lot. When our people thrive, Aware Group thrives, so we go a step above to support our team members and ensure they’re taken care of.
- We have great people who want to be the best. We are a tight-knit team who genuinely care for each other’s personal and professional success.
Additional perks and benefits:
- Awesome and exciting work (AKA ongoing learning opportunities). Our recent staff survey said that this was a key thing our team loves about Aware and the good news is it’s not something we’re ever looking to change.
- Commitment to your development. Each team member gets 2 hours dedicated per week, access to our in-house career advisor, and a support crew to coach them along the way.
- Trust and honesty. We upskill our leaders in things like emotional intelligence, empathy, and courageous conversations.
- Flexible working. You are the master of your own calendar; make it work to achieve both your personal and professional outcomes.
- Awesome tech to play with. We get to work with lots of advanced robotics and toys that most people won’t get to see for years.
- We’re serious about work-life balance. We don’t really like people working overtime, but if you do, we track time-in-lieu to ensure you’re paid for every hour you work.
- Job security. We’re in demand, growing quickly, and committed to ensuring that’s sustainable in the future and our people join us on that journey.
- Fuel for productive brains. Think snack drawers, espresso machines, team lunches, and being treated to home baking possibly too often ?
- All the standard niceties you expect from a shiny modern office space – ergo desks, great tech set up for each team member, cool demos to show off and some greenery to keep it zen.
A bit about our roles:
At Aware Group, we work with clients to provide meaningful insights to data. That includes everything from capturing data through IoT devices, building data pipelines to get that data to the cloud, housing and structuring the data through to reporting it back to the customer and utilising AI/ML to provide additional insights.
The following is a list of current roles we have at Aware Group:
- Data Scientists/ML Engineers
- IoT Engineers
- Data Platform Engineers
- Platform Engineers (Cloud and On-Prem)
- Software Engineers (Full Stack)
- Project Managers
- Account Managers
- Account Technology Strategists
Not all of these have immediate openings, however things are consistently growing so we’re keen to chat with anyone with skills in this space and an interest in joining our team.
We run a lot of workshops, hacks, and sprints where we get to find creative new ways to apply emerging (and tried and trusty) technologies to customers’ business problems, so it’s important that you have the confidence, and communication skills to think on your feet while presenting. If you don’t have these skills yet, we’ll help you to develop them through paid personal development time.
We have a focus on providing quality to our clients, so for our technical team members delivering well-tested maintainable solutions is important to us, along with the ability to identify, resolve and escalate to the Project Manager where a solution is not delivering value or when issues arise.
Aware has a close partnership with Microsoft in delivering demonstrations both for existing and upcoming technologies; in this role you will learn new frameworks and communicate on a technical level with Microsoft product teams.
We encourage you to enquire if you have:
- A growth mindset, with a drive to continually learn new technology and upskill.
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure products.
- A highly organised approach to your work with the ability to prioritise effectively and work across multiple projects at once.
- Previous experience working in a consulting environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the confidence to workshop ideas directly with groups of customers from around the world, and the ability to explain technical things to non-technical people.
- Ability to explain technical solutions to non-technical audiences.
- Strong problem solving skills and an ability to bring together knowledge spanning a wide variety of technologies to deliver solutions.
As our roles involve consulting directly with customers and partners, some international and domestic travel may be requested from time to time.
Note that successful applicants will be required to undergo background checks (reference & criminal record) prior to commencement of employment.
For any questions, to request a specific job description, or for a confidential chat please contact Jo Mickleson (Director of Strategy & Growth) at [email protected]